The only downside to giving handmade cards is everyone expects one and feels slighted when they receive something I purchase regardless of how beautiful it is. I didn’t realize how low I was on birthday cards and I needed something beautiful fast. Enter Pinterest and this beautiful card posted by Mary Fish, so simple, so easy and so beautiful! It’s easy to make a card when you let the paper do the work for you and the glimmer in this paper really gives it a special feel!
Mary used the Thank You sentiment from Love What You Do stamp set and I used the Happy Birthday from Perennial Birthday stamp set, this card is so versatile any sentiment will do.
Caveat, in my rush I wasn’t careful when I placed the oval die cut on the sentiment and didn’t realize it was crooked until I posted this card;(
- Whisper White card stock 8½ x ¼, scored at 4¼, scrap for sentiment
- Basic Black card stock 5¼ x 4, scrap to back sentiment
- Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper 3½ x 3¾
- Petal Pink 1 3/8 x 3¾
Stamps and Thinlets:
- Perennial Birthday
- Layering Oval Framelits
- Black Memento
- Basic Black Twine
- Petal Pair Embossing Folder
- Big Shot
- Stampin’ Dimensional’s (sentiment)