A recent trip to Washington D.C. with my husband and amazing granddaughter has deepened my patriotism beyond measure. The monuments and those whom they portrayed came alive to me, their words had more meaning the debt that has been paid for my freedoms more humbling. It is appropriate that my amazing sister in law Jenny Hale was born on that day, she deserves all the pomp and circumstance the whole nations shares, she is indeed an amazing lady.
I have seen various versions of this card on Pinterest, because of Jenny’s humility I wanted to do something simple so this is what I came up with.
- Whisper White card stock 8½ x 5½, scored at 4¼, 3½ x 4¾
- Night of Navy 5¼ x 4, scraps for stars
- Real Red 5 x 3¾, scrap for waves
- Gold Foil scrap for Happy Birthday
Stamps and Thinlets:
- Swirly Scribbles Thinlits
- Happy Birthday Thinlit
- Big Shot
- Stampin’ Dimensional’s
- Snail Adhesive