For a quick, simple, elegant birthday card this one really fits the bill. The Hibiscus has been my favorite flower for the past 20 years or so, imagine my delight when they added a humming bird the this hibiscus stamp set along with large meaningful sentiments. The Humming Along stamp set was my first purchase from the new 2019 Occasions Catalog.
I began with a Whisper White card stock card base, using my Stamparatus I stamped the flower with Versa Mark, dipped it in my Gold Embossing Powder and heat embossed it. I colored the flower with Light and Dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blends, but I wish I used Stampin’ Write markers because the Stampin’ Blends dulled the gold embossing powder in places. I used Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends for the Stamen and Light & Dark Old Olive Stampin’ Blends for the stem and leaf.
I stamped the sentiment with black StazOn ink so it didn’t smear and used the beautiful die cut from the coordinating thinlits to cut it out. The cool gold design in the background was also cut out from the Humming Bird Thinlits. On the inside I used the Amazing Life stamp set using the Vegas Gold shimmer ink I stamped the filigree from the same stamp set at the bottom of the inside and on the bottom of the envelope.
- Whisper White card stock 8½ x ¼, scored at 4¼, 2½ x ¾ for floral
- Gold Foil Sheet 2¾ x 5¼, scrap for sentiment & scrap for pattern background
- Whisper White Medium Envelopes
Stamps and Thinlets:
- Humming Along stamp set
- Humming Bird thinlit (save 10% when you purchase the bundle)
- Amazing Life stamp set
- Versa Mark
- Gold Embossing powder
- Cherry Cobbler ink pad (inside)
- Las Vegas Gold ink
- Black StazOn stamp pad
- Stampin’ Blends:
- Light & Dark Cherry Cobbler
- Light & Dark Old Olive
- Daffodil Delight
- Big Shot
- Heat Tool
- Stampin’ Dimensional’s (to pop up floral)
- Multi Purpose Liquid Glue (gold background image)
- Snail Adhesive