Elegant Lily Birthday Card
I’ve seen so many amazing cards on Pinterest lately instead of designing my own I decided to duplicate some of the cards I love the most. This card originally posted by Chris Smith just took my breath away. The white embossing powder on the Basic Black background together with Stampin’ Up’s distinctive lily stamp is absolutely gorgeous.
Begin with a Whisper White card base. To prepare the Basic Black card stock for heat embossing I used my Embossing Buddy to cover the area with powder so unwanted embossing powder doesn’t stick uninvited. Using the Lasting Lily stamp set (I got free with a $100.00 purchase from Stampin’ Up) I stamped the large and small lily flower with Versa Mark ink, covered the area with White Embossing Powder and heat embossed it.
I really like that the flowers and stems are separate so I could use a green embossing powder on the stems. Follow the same directions for the stems using Call Me Clover Embossing powder. To color the stamen I used the Dark Mango Melody Stampin’ Blend. Tie some Whisper White Classic Weave ribbon with a bow. To add dimension I popped up the Basic Black with dimensional’s For the sentiment I used Black Memento with the Happy Birthday from the Sweetest Things stamp set and a thinlit from a random retired bundle…(sorry), I also popped up the sentiment.
For the inside of the card and envelope I used the stripe pattern paper from the Botanical Butterfly Designer Series paper. The Whisper White shape was created by using the retired Stitched Season thinlits.
The Beautiful Layers thinlits have a cool envelope liner making it so simple to line your envelopes adding the finishing touch.
- Whisper White card stock 8½ x ¼, scored at 4¼, 5¼ x 4 for the inside, small scrap for the sentiment
- Botanical Butterfly black and white DSP 5¼ x 4 (inside), scrap to line envelope
- Basic Black Card Stock 5¼ x 4
- Whisper White Medium Envelopes
Stamps and Thinlets:
- Lasting Lily Stamp Set (free with $100.00 purchase)
- Sweetest Thing Stamp Set (sentiment)
- Beautiful Layers Thinlits (envelope liner)
- Stitched Layers Thinlits
- Black Memento
- Vera Mark ink pad
- White Embossing Powder
- Call Me Clover Embossing Powder
- Dark Mango Melody Stampin’ Blend
- Whisper White Weave Ribbon
- Big Shot
- Embossing Buddy
- Stampin’ Dimensional’s
- Snail Adhesive