One of my favorite stamps is Dragonfly Dreams, there’s just something mystical about dragonflies. Stampin’ Up has captured the beauty of their delicate wings in the thinlets of the larger dragonflies, I chose the smaller group because I wanted to show of the background I makde using the Brusho Crystal Colour. These colors are so amazing and so versatile, easy to use and fun to create.
I began with an 8½ x 11 piece of water color paper, moistened the entire sheet with my Stampin’ Up spritzer making sure to dampen every inch. Then I started sprinkling Gamboge, Moss Green, Yellow and Prussian Blue randomly over the paper, shifting the paper from time to time so it could run. I spritzed the paper with water again in areas where it needed more color, sprinkled color without shifting the paper, then I blotted it dry with a paper towel and voila my finished product.
I chose the section I liked best and cut out a 3¾ x 5 inch piece, used dimensional’s to add dimension to the dragonflies, stamped the sentiment and used Tear-N-Tape to adhere to the card. Super simple!
- Island Indigo card stock 8½ x 5½, scored at 4¼
- Pumpkin Pie 5¼ x 4
- Water Color paper 5 x 3¾
- Basic Black, scrap for dragonflies
- Whisper White 5¼ x 4 (inside)
Stamps and Thinlets:
- Detailed Dragonflies thinlets
- Colorful Seasons (sentiment, of course any sentiment will do)
- Brusho Crystal Colour
- Versa Mark ink pad
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Basic Black for sentiment
- Stampin’ Spritzers
- Metallic Enamel Shapes
- Big Shot
- Mini Stampin’ Dimensional’s
- Snail Adhesive
- Stampin’ Dimensional’s regular size to back to adhere theh water color paper to Pumpkin Pie
- Snail Adhesive to adhere Soft Suede to Whisper White card base