My wonderful husband gave me a gorgeous Mother’s Day card using a dark blue background with pink flowers and gold accents so when I finished my very special Mother’s Day breakfast I headed to my sanctuary to create a card using the same color combination, I really like the way it turned out.
To add dimension to the center of the flowers, I used the small pieces left behind when I cut out the delicate border with my Big Shot. Heat embossing the sentiment, bird and flower added to the elegance of the gold foil accents and the fine gold thread creates a kind of whispy feel that I really love. Of course I used Stampin Dimensional’s to adhere the Night of Navy card stock to the gold foil, the bird, flowers & sentiment to the Night of Navy.
This card was super fast and easy to put together, give it a try!
- Whisper White card stock 8½ x 5½, scored at 4¼, scraps for sentiment, bird and flowers
- Night of Navy card stock 5 x 3¾
- Gold Foil 5¼ x 4, scraps for border, leaves and corner flower
Stamps and Thinlets:
- Petal Palette stamp set
- Petals & More Thinlit Dies
- Basic Black ink pad
- Light and Dark Pool Party Stampin’ Blends, available June 2nd
- Versa Mark ink pad
- Light and Dark Pink Pirouette Stampin’ Blends, available June 2nd
- Clear embossing powder
- Light and Dark Old Olive Stampin’ Blends, available June 2nd
- Gold Metallic Thread
- Metallic Enamel Shapes
- Big Shot
- Stampin’ Dimensional’s
- Snail Adhesive to adhere Soft Suede to Whisper White card base