Our crazy Utah weather has been teasing us with intermitant spring sunshine that has plagued me with Spring Fever, and nothing says “Spring” like Stampin’ Up’s Botanical Butterfly paper. Pair the butterfly paper with the Well Said bundle to create this quick, simple elegant friendship card. I saw a similar card posted on Pinterest by Su Mour and fell in love with the simple elegance of this card.
Began with a Basic Black cardstock base, add the black and white butterfly paper, then another Basic Black rectangle. The stitched rectangle framelit from the Rectangle Stitched Framelits was used to cut out the Whisper White then embossed it with the Tufted embossing folder. For the Basic Black floral I used the Well Written Thinlit set and I adhered the floral to the Whisper White with Multi Purpose Liquid Glue. I used the Layering Circles framelits to cut the scallop Basic Black and Butterfly Botanical circles then popped them up with dimensional’s. Using the Butterfly punch I punched the small orange and yellow butterfly from the Butterfly DSP, I ran a line of glue down the middle of the butterfly, waited a few minutes for it to dry then gently folded the wings up for dimension.
The sentiment is from the Well Said stamp set and I used another framelit from the Rectangle Framelit set to cut it out.
The Beautiful Layers thinlits have a cool envelope liner making it so simple to line your envelopes adding the finishing touch.
- Basic Black card stock 8½ x ¼, scored at 4¼, 3½ x 4¾, scrap for floral & 2 1/4 scallop circle
- Botanical Butterfly black and white DSP 5¼ x 4, scrap for 2 1/8 circle, tiny butterfly, scrap to line envelope
- Whisper White Card Stock 4¼ x 3, 2 x 2¾ for sentiment, 5¼ x 4 for inside
- Whisper White Medium Envelopes
Stamps and Thinlets:
- Well Said stamps set
- Well Written thinlits (floral, save 10% when you purchase the bundle)
- Beauty Abounds stamp set (inside butterfly)
- Rectangle Stitched Framelits
- Beautiful Layers Thinlits (envelope liner)
- Butterfly punch
- Layering Circles
- Black Memento
- Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker (draw a line around sentiment)
- Tufted Dynamic Embossing Folder
- Black Rhinestones
- Big Shot
- Stampin’ Dimensional’s
- Multi Purpose Liquid Glue
- Snail Adhesive