When I saw a card like this posted by Luly Gonzalez on Pinterest I fell in love with the design and color combination. Stampin’ Up’s Distinctive stamps create a layered look with only one stamp, don’t you just love the bubbles in the background? Not only is this card versatile enough to give anyone, you could switch up the sentiment and the possibilities with this design are limitless.
I started with a Tranquil Tide card base, after stamping the bubble and spray background onto Whisper White card stock using Blackberry Bliss ink and the Beauty Abounds stamp set, I cut out the butterfly images from Blackberry Bliss and Tranquil Tide using the Butterfly Beauty Thinlits.
The “Happy Birthday” sentiment is from the Perennial Birthday stamp set, I used the Stitched Rectangle Framelit set to cut out the sentiment.
For the inside I used the Around The Corner stamp set for the sentiment.
The Beautiful Layers thinlits have a cool envelope liner making it so simple to line your envelopes adding the finishing touch.
- Tranquil Tide card stock 8½ x ¼, scored at 4¼, large scrap for butterfly background
- Whisper White card stock 5¼ x 4 (x2, one for inside), scrap for sentiment
- Blackberry Bliss scrap for butterflies
- Country Lane DSP to line the envelope
- Whisper White Medium Envelopes
Stamps and Thinlets:
- Beauty Abounds Stamp set
- Butterfly Beauty thinlits (save 10% when you purchase the bundle)
- Perennial Birthday stamp set (sentiment)
- Around the Corner stamp set (inside sentiment)
- Rectangle Stitched Framelits
- Beautiful Layers Thinlits (envelope liner)
- Blackberry Bliss ink pad
- Tranquil Tide ink pad
- Big Shot
- Stampin’ Dimensional’s
- Multi Purpose Liquid Glue (for butterflies)
- Snail Adhesive