Blessed with an amazing mother, it has been a family tradition for the girls of all ages in my family to gather together once or twice a year for an afternoon tea party. We dress in our finery with hats on our heads to enjoy tea cakes, English scones, finger sandwiches and variety of tea. My mother is going to be so excited to get this card for Mother’s Day this year.
I like to begin with Whisper White card base to make writing easier on the inside. The Pear Pizzazz was embossed with the Tin Tiles Dynamic embossing folder and adhered with Tear & Tape, the gorgeous pink confetti paper is from the Floral Romance Designer Series paper which I also adhered with Tear & Tape because you need something with extra strong hold for embossed paper. For the tea pot and cup I used Black Memento for stamping, using my Stamparatus I stamped them again with Versa Mark, then sprinkled with Clear Embossing Powder and heat embossed.
To color the flowers I used Pear Pizzazz Stampin’ Write Marker and Light and Dark Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends with a Daffodil Delight Gingham Gala sequin for the middle. The sentiment is stamped with Black Memento, then Vera Mark, sprinkled with Clear Embossing powder and heat embossed. The beautiful rose is from the Blossoms Elements and the Petal Pink/White Variegated Ribbon finishes it off.
The Beautiful Layers thinlits have a cool envelope liner making it so simple to line your envelopes adding the finishing touch.
- Whisper Whaite card stock 8½ x ¼, scored at 4¼, scraps for teapot and cup
- Pear Pizzazz 5¼ x 4, scrap for sentiment
- Floral Romance Designer Series Paper 3½ x 4¾
- Whisper White Medium Envelopes
Stamps and Thinlets:
- Tea Together stamp set
- Tea Time Framlets (free with $100 purchase)
- Beautiful Layers Thinlits (envelope liner)
- Black Memento
- Vera Mark stamp pad
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Pear Pizzazz Stampin’ Write Marker
- Light & Dark Stampin’ Blends
- Tin Tile Embossing Folder
- Petal Pink/White Variegated Ribbon
- Blossoms Elements
- Gingham Gala Sequins
- Heat Gun
- Big Shot
- Stampin’ Dimensional’s (teapot, cup & sentiment)
- Multi Purpose Liquid Glue
- Snail Adhesive
- Tear & Tape Adhesive